Home Makeover: RV Edition!
Now that we’ve found our “Home on Wheels,” it’s time for the makeover to begin!
We chose an older RV to save a little money and deck it out to be our own style. We found our 27′ Minnie Winnie, aka…La Tortuga in California and drove it home to Colorado just before the snow fell.
We’ve had a lot of questions about what we’re doing and requests for pictures so here’s where you can find the before the after and all the blood, sweat and tears in between!
Our TO DO list:
- Replace the vinyl and carpet with a pergo or laminate flooring.
- Re-cover the dinette cushions and couch to something post-70’s style.
- Paint all the walls and cabinets.
- Replace the bathroom sink.
- Replace all the window covers.
- Replace dinette table top and kitchen counter top.
- Buy 2 new captains chairs for the driver and passenger- This seems extreme but we’re going to be driving…like a lot!
- Install solar panel on roof.
- Install rack system on roof for storage pods.
- Recently added: Tear into the bedroom wall when you suspect a leak (Yep! Water damage!) and then re-build the wall. Err!!
Anything you think we may have missed? Have ideas or advice for the projects above?
Want to volunteer your time? HA! Had to ask!
Check back often for the updates on La Tortuga’s makeover!